Abbreviated Request for Transit Passes Applications (RFA) Option
The Transit Empowerment Fund (TEF), has initiated an abbreviated application process for organizations who have met certain standards:
- Received TEF passes for at least two years
- Submitted 100% of monthly reports for the last 12 months
- No more than two monthly reports submitted after the deadline
- No reports of lost or stolen passes in the last 12 months
- No substantial change to program for which you are applying.
If you received this link by email invitation, you have met these qualifications. Therefore, you can complete the abbreviated application if you are not making any substantive program changes or asking for more than a 10% increase from your current allocation. If you are making program changes or making a request for an increase in passes in excess of 10% of your current allocation, then you will need to complete a new application on this page.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Madeleine Jordan-Lord at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Request For Applications (RFA)
The Transit Empowerment Fund (TEF) Board will accept applications for the following:
- Purchase of deeply discounted Capital Metro Local Bus Passes, Commuter Passes, and MetroAccess Ten Ride Booklets (50% reduction from the reduced nonprofit rate = 75% discount from the full fare). The provision of deeply discounted passes (as opposed to no cost passes) will help ensure the sustainability of the Fund.
- No Cost Passes – a limited number of no cost passes will be available. A maximum of 30% of the overall request can be made for no cost passes (i.e. if requesting $1,000 in passes up to $300 in passes can be requested at no cost). However, for no cost passes to be awarded, a compelling case must be made as to the critical need for the passes and the reasons that the organization cannot purchase the passes at the deeply discounted rate.
Eligible Pass/Ticket Types: Applicants can request deeply discounted passes for Local Bus Service, Premium Service, Commuter Service, and 10-Ride MetroAccess Service. Within each category, applicants can apply for Reduced Fare passes; please note, however, that ALL RECIPIENTS OF REDUCED FARE PASSES MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA DETAILED AT http://www.capmetro.org/RFID AND HAVE A CAPITAL METRO REDUCED FARE ID CARD FROM CAPITAL METRO.
All recipients of METROACCESS passes must have a MetroAccess card: https://www.capmetro.org/metroaccess/
More information about Capital Metro fares can be found at: http://www.capmetro.org/fares/
Target Population: All passes must be used by individuals who are at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level and are transit dependent.
Purpose: The primary purpose of the passes must be to access: Employment, Education, Healthcare, or Social Services.
Applicants must be either a 501(c)(3) organization, a tax-exempt veteran organization, or a governmental entity.
RFA released: Friday, January 7, 2021
Optional Bidders conference: Friday, January 14, 2022 to be held via Zoom. Click here to RSVP.
Deadline for applications: 5 p.m. on Monday, February 7, 2022.
All applications must be submitted through the online form. The Board reserves the right to follow up with applicants with specific questions.
Decision announced no later than March 28, 2022.
Note that the Board will review all applications and may award all, partial, or none of an applicants request.
Pass Distribution: Passes will be distributed as soon as they have been printed. This is generally in Summer. Recipients will be required to attend a virtual orientation before picking up their passes.
The Board does not anticipate another solicitation for bus pass applications until early 2023, so organizations should consider that when making their application.
Important Note About the Application
All applications must be submitted online through this application form. If you cannot complete it in one sitting, you can choose to save it and continue it later. A unique URL will be sent to you via email so that you can access it in the future. Additionally, if you prefer to review the RFA before applying, you can do so by viewing here.
If you have questions about the application, please contact Madeleine Jordan-Lord at email@example.com or 512–552–4005.