Transit Empowerment Fund (TEF) Microgrants are designed to provide additional opportunities to meet the TEF mission of enhancing access to transportation for low-income, transit-dependent individuals in the Austin area.
Microgrant awards are for a maximum of $1,000.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- All microgrants must focus on transportation for low-income (200% of poverty guidelines or below) individuals.
- Applications will only be considered from 501c(3) organizations and governmental agencies within the Austin, Travis County area. TEF is unfortunately unable to award microgrants to organizations with a fiscal sponsor.
- Microgrants must be used to support an short-term innovative project or event that advances the TEF mission and assists individuals to access education, employment, healthcare, or social services. If seeking support for an ongoing transit pass need, please instead apply for the annual TEF Transit Pass Program.
- Microgrants may also be used to address a short-term need for transit passes in special circumstances. Eligibility for applying microgrant funds for passes would be organizations in existence less than 5 years and/or a budget under $250,000.
- If you have any questions about microgrant eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a successful application, the applicant will be required to provide a brief report that describes how the microgrant was used and the number of people impacted.
The Board will review microgrant applications on a quarterly basis: January, April, June, and October.